Take the HXR-NX80 4K NXCAM camcorder from Sony with you wherever you go to capture rich 4K HDR video. This compact, palm-style camera offers phase-detection Autofocus (AF) and HDR capabilities in a compact, palm-style body. Suitable for corporate events, broadcast news, and television production, the HXR-NX80 camcorder features a stacked 1″ Exmor RS CMOS sensor with 14.2MP, a 12x Zeiss optical zoom, an OLED viewfinder, and 3.5″ touchscreen LCD monitor. This camcorder records 4K in XAVC S 4K, streams via 2.4/5 GHz frequency bands, and includes S-Log3/S-Gamut3 functions for additional image control.
The HXR-NX80’s Fast Hybrid AF uses high-density placement of autofocus points and a newly developed AF algorithm to offer highly accurate focusing and tracking, especially useful for individual operators. In movie recording mode, use the appearance of phase-detection AF frames to monitor your subject’s focus. The HXR-NX80’s 3.5″ touchscreen is used to quickly switch focus among subjects. AF Drive Speed, Tracking Depth Range, and Subject Switching Sensitivity can each be configured to suit different subjects and content styles.
Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) enables you to future-proof your output by smoothly integrating your recordings into an HDR workflow without the need for color grading during post-production. Capture images with high-quality contrast and resolution using the HXR-NX80’s 12x optical Zeiss zoom, and 18x 4K digital zoom (24x in HD). An integrated ND filter function enables greater exposure and depth-of-field control.
The HXR-NX80 camera supports Sony’s Slow & Quick Motion for shooting HD video at variable frame rates, including 120 fps. Footage is recorded to via two SD memory card slots, either simultaneously to both cards, or in relay mode to create a backup.
Additional features include built-in 2.4 GHz for multiple streaming and FTP options. The HXR-NX80’s audio features include two 3-pin XLR audio inputs that support line, mic, and mic + 48V (phantom power) for using external microphones; you can also use the HXR-NX80’s built-in microphone to record audio when shooting. For multicamera productions, the HXR-NX80 integrates seamlessly with Sony’s MCX-500 live switcher (available separately).
- 1″ Exmor RS CMOS Sensor
- 1.0″-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor with approximately 14.2 million effective pixels provides optimal image quality
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus
- Offers highly accurate focusing and tracking, especially useful when shooting sharp UHD 4K footage
- Zeiss T* Lens with 12x Optical Zoom
- Fixed 12x optical wide-angle zoom with 18x Clear Image Zoom technology in UHD 4K (24x in HD)
- Frame Rate Flexibility
- Record up to XAVC S 4K video
- Super Slow Motion
- Offers slow-motion recording up to 960 fps
- Slow & Quick Recording
- Uses Sony’s Slow & Quick Motion for recording 1080pi60 HD video at 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60, and 120 fps
- Multiple Codec Choice
- XAVC S recording up to 100 Mb/s in 4K mode, and Full HD recording
- Image Control Options
- S-Gamut3/S-Log3 recording captures wide range of colors, highlights, and shadows
- Built-In ND Filters
- Incorporated ND filter function with Clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64 ND for optimal exposure and depth-of-field control
- Dual Media Slots
- Dual memory card slots, one for SDHC/SDXC cards only, and one compatible with SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo cards
- Built-in capability to send FTP files directly from the camcorder or live stream via the Ustream platform over 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
- Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe